Say Yes to Your Flaws

Matthew Klein, IV Leader Staff Writer

page1image2571510064

Luke Tomsha, founder of The Perfect- ly Flawed Foundation, told his story to anIVCC psychology class on Thursday, Sept. 6.

Tomsha has a bachelor’s degree in En-gineering from the University of Illinoisand a son named Kash and is a former her-oin addict.

He is the founder of The Perfectly Flawed Foundation, which is a local not- for-profit focused on strengthening com-munities affected by substance abuse by investing in children, individuals, and ed-ucation.

Tomsha explained what he and The Perfectly Flawed Foundation are doing to-day to fight the ongoing opioid battle.

According to perfectlyflawed.org, “Luke leads a life of fulfillment through community action and helping children and individuals affected by addiction, one small step at a time. Luke is a supporter of harm-reduction and emphasizes focusing

on small wins and any positive change. “Whether it be medical-assisted treat-ment, abstinence-based programs, or more holistic approaches, Luke believes addic-tion is not a one size fits all package and advocates for multiple pathways to re-covery. Luke is an active member of the Illinois Opioid Crisis Response Advisory Council. He also speaks to groups in the Midwest about his experiences in hopes of educating the unsuspecting public about how the Opioid Crisis is slowly destroying

our communities from within”.
The Perfectly Flawed Foundation just

launched its Community Partners Pro-gram. The program collaborates with local businesses and allows children the oppor-tunity to unlock their potential in enrich-ment activities such as art, music, karate, yoga, and more, as well as support through counseling.

The aim of the program is to give chil-dren something to say “Yes” to.

Learn more about Tomsha and The Per-fectly Flawed Foundation at www.perfect-lyflawed.org