Eagles Continue to Soar in Soccer

%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F%3F

????????????????????????????????????

Josh Woodward, IV Leader Staff

The Women’s Soccer Team started off its season in a road game against the Kishwaukee Kougars with a 2-1 victory.

Mia Hewitt and Sabrina Poole both scored for the Lady Eagles. It was a tough game for the Eagles, yet they still pre- vailed.

With another game on the road on Aug. 28, the Lady Eagles had a huge win against Eureka College. The score of the game was IVCC 4, Eureka 0.

Three of the four goals were scored by Felicia Olivares. Oli- vares assisted Hunter Zecca in scoring the last goal. During the game Olivares had an overall of 6 sog (shots on goal).

Olivares is a Freshman at IVCC and a graduate of Hall High School.

Her place on the Lady Eagles soccer team is as a striker/wing.

Her love for the game has developed throughout the years; she has been playing soccer ever since she was little, she said, and Olivares will continue to play with the Eagles next year.

Olivares is currently studying business at IVCC.

She has no specific plans with the major, but she is inter- ested in the topic and wants to see where it will take her.

As of now, she intends to keep going with the flow, play- ing soccer and going to school.

In her spare time, Oliveras likes to hang out with friends and relax. For now, she waits to see what the future holds.

As for the Lady Eagles, they went on to win their Sep. 6 game against the Triton College Trojans in a 2-1 matchup.

The Eagles play home match- es on Sept. 25 against Rock Val- ley and Sept. 27 against College of DuPage. Both games are at 4:30 p.m. at La Salle’s Rotary Park.

For information on the team, visit https://www.ivcceagles. com/sports/wsoc/index.