Soccer nears the homestretch

Jacob Steinberg

Oscar Pizano looks for a pass down the pitch. The Eagles ended up winning this match over Milwaukee Area Technical College by a score of 3-1. That was their first and only win of the season.

Jacob Steinberg, IV Leader Sports Co-Editor

A frustrating regular season on the pitch has finally come to a close for the IVCC Men’s soccer team. 

The Eagles lost their final home match by a score of 9-1 on Oct. 5. The regional tournament is coming up quickly for the team.
Coach Tim Cottingim noted that the outlook for the regional tournament looks rough.

“We have not managed the results we want,” said Cottingim. Because of the lack of results, the Eagles faced a very tough challenge on the road in the first round in the tournament.

Although a frustrating season on the surface, there is a positive that Cottingim is ultimately pleased with: The players have been doing well in the classrooms. “We have eight sophomores that are all doing pretty well academically and fulfilling their obligation as a student in their student-athlete profile,” said Cottingim.

The Eagles traveled to Triton College on Oct. 13  for their first round matchup in the Region IV tournament. Unfortunately they fell to Triton by a score of 4-0.