Towne, Pellican fly from nest

Sweet
sendoff
Aaron Pellican (left) and Tyler Towne enjoy a cookie cake during one of their last home broadcasts for the Illinois Valley Sports Network.

Sweet sendoff Aaron Pellican (left) and Tyler Towne enjoy a cookie cake during one of their last home broadcasts for the Illinois Valley Sports Network.

Akari Oya

Akari Oya

Staff, Staff Writers

As the IVCC men’s and women’s basketball seasons come to a close, so to do the IVCC broadcasting careers of Aaron Pellican and Tyler Towne.

Towne and Pellican began the Illinois Valley Sports Network in the Fall of 2017 and called close to every single IVCC home game over the past two years. The two men worked arduously in order to maintain consistency in their broadcasting and enjoyed every minute of it.

“We really just had fun with it,” said Towne. “When ever you start something new, it has its bumps and bruises, but we worked through the kinks and we were extremely proud with the way the program has flourished over the last two years.”

The process of setting up equipment and becoming well versed in the technology was no easy task ,and the two men could not have done it without the help of others.

“None of this would have been possible without the help of our sponsor Lori Cinotte or our Tech-guy Gary Talsky,” Pellican told the IV Leader.

“We also have to give a huge shoutout to guys like Jacob Steinberg, Mason Lucas, Austin Prybylinski and Noah Hancock. Those guys helped us out with every last detail.”

Pellican and Towne believe that their work has established a solid foundation for the IVSN to grow and cover more events as the years go on.

Towne plans on attending the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana in the Fall to major in Communications.

Pellican is undecided as to where he plans to attend next year, but looks to continue his tennis career wherever he may go.