Volleying toward home stretch

Freshman outside hitter Kaitlyn Edgcomb looks to spike it home against Rock Valley.

Mary Considine

Mary Considine

Tyler Towne, Sports Commentator/Personality

The IVCC Lady Eagles have improved from last season, already surpassing their win total from the 2016-2017 season. They will look to keep things going with a long stretch of home games in the month of September.

The girls will have big-time conference matchups on their home floor against Highland, Carl Sandburg and Black Hawk. They also will have several tough matchups on the road in conference battles with Black Hawk, Sauk Valley and Kishwaukee.

Riley Johnson and Emma Lohr- Fandel are leading the team with 179 and 165 digs respectively. They will look to continue their strong play into the conference systems.

Lohr-Fandel will have to continue her strong season in leading the team with 129 kills this year, and continue to receive more help from her high-flying counterpart Hanna Bima, currently the proud owner of 107 kills herself.

With the Eagles returning home to the Eagles Nest for several games to come, student attendance could become a key part to their conference success this year.

Students are encouraged to come out to every game possible and receive free admission if they bring their I.D’s. The full schedule in its entirety can be found under the Athletics tab at ivcc.edu.