Piercy leads IVCC golfers

Staff, Staff Writers

Eagles golfers have competed in four tournaments as of press time with IVCC sophomore Carter Piercy leading the team at each event.

Piercy, an Ottawa High School graduate, has scored consistently in the upper 70s or low 80s for each round.

The team competed in the Duane Chaney Invitational  at Byron Hills Golf Course on Sept. 8, finishing 11th in the 14-team field.

IVCC posted a score of 326, and Black Hawk College won the tournament with a score of 290.

Piercy carded a 77 to lead IVCC golfers, closely followed by fellow Ottawa graduate and sophomore Connor Soenksen with a 78.

Matt Hoscheid, a Hall graduate, recorded an 85; Nick Guisti, an L-P graduate, an 86; and Jake Nurnberg, a Mendota graduate, an 88.

Hoscheid, Guisti and Nurnberg are freshmen.

On Sept. 1, at the Fyre Lake Invitational in Sherrard, IVCC placed seventh in the eight-team field.

Piercy and Soenksen led the Eagles with 85s, followed by Hoscheid, 88; Guisti, 95; and Nurnberg, 100.

On Aug. 31, at the Carl Sandburg Classic in Galesburg, IVCC placed 10th in the 12-team field.

Piercy led Eagles golfers with an 84. Soenksen carded an 86; Hoscheid, 92; Guisti, 92; and Nurnberg, 100.

The Eagles opened the golf season with the Highland “36” on Aug. 25. IVCC placed ninth in the 12-team field with a score of 681.

Piercy led the Ealges with scores of 76/78 during the two rounds. Soenksen scored 81/82; Hoscheid, 90/92; Guisti, 90/92; and Nurnberg 91/98.

The Eagles host a tournament at home Sept. 22-23. The first round gets under way at noon Friday, Sept. 22 at Deer Park Country Club. The second round will begin at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 23 at Oak Ridge Golf Club.