Egg hunts planned for April and farewell from Student Trustee

Madison Miranda, IV Leader Columnist

Hello Eagles! Student Trustee Madison Miranda here. As the school year comes to a close, sadly, my job as Student Trustee goes along with it.

The Student Government Association spots will soon be filled with new faces! Elections run April 7-8 until 2 p.m.

As Student Trustee, I cannot thank IVCC enough for the opportunity to serve as your 2021-2022 Student Trustee. I have met some of the most kind, intelligent, and welcoming people as well as gained knowledge and leadership skills throughout my time serving as Student Trustee.

It is such a rewarding position and I cannot wait to meet who is elected as the 2022-2023 IVCC Student Trustee. Following their election, they will shadow me at the April Board of Trustees meeting. Then, they will take it from there!

I am looking forward to transferring to Loyola University Chicago this fall to further my studies as a communications major!

In other news, the SGA met and approved a student-only as well as a family egg hunt.

The student-only egg hunt will be April 11 and the family egg hunt will be April 14 starting at 4 p.m. Students will have the chance to find candy and special prizes all throughout campus.

Families associated with IVCC will have the chance to come to campus, hunt for eggs, and compete in other activities.

Students should also act fast upon summer and fall registration now! Registration is available for both on WebAdvisor. Contact Counseling at (815) 224-0360 for any questions!

Lastly, students should be checking their emails for information on other spring events to come.

For any questions or concerns, feel free to come and see me at our office on Tuesdays from 8-9 a.m. or send me an email at [email protected] anytime.

Student Trustee out!