A Hello From Newly Elected Trustee

Matthew Klein, Student Trustee

I would like to thank everyone who voted for me in the Student Government Election, and I am honored to be serving as the Student Trustee for the 2019-2020 school year.

Heading into my second year at Illinois Valley Community College, I am looking forward to getting more involved on campus through student government.

The Student Government Association recently held its first meeting with their new officers and members, and I could not be more excited about the group.

Students’ voices are crucial, and as the student trustee, I will make sure your voices are heard. I will ensure your concerns are not ignored, and should you ever have a concern or question, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

In addition, after each board meeting, I will be posting updates on Twitter with anything students should be aware of. My username is @matt_klein18.

I am 19 years old and graduated from LaSalle-Peru Town-ship High School in 2018. I am attaining my Associates of Arts degree from IVCC in 2020, with the intent to transfer and obtain a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field. Outside of school, I am a technology enthusiast and a commercial drone pilot.

Feel free to email me at K0034BDD@office365. ivcc.edu with any concerns or questions you may have.

Students, I wish you the best of luck on your final exams.