Sophomore petitions and Explore IVCC event planned for March

Madison Miranda, IV Leader Columnist

Hey, fellow Eagles! Student Trustee Madison here. We are halfway through the semester! I hope everyone had a fun and safe spring break.

Moving on to business, Illinois Valley Community College updated its mask policy on Feb. 28. For further information, visit ivcc.edu/covid19.

Make sure you are reading your emails! Student email setup and information is available on IVCC’s website. If you have any questions or concerns, please email [email protected].

The month of February has been filled with fun activities, black history education, agricultural stars, and food in both taste and drive. The Student Government Association and I could not be happier to see students participating and enjoying the events being put forth.

Be on the lookout for more fun events to come! The SGA is planning to have a spring spirit day event for students to close out the school year.

Student Government President Emme Bottom wanted me to inform you all of Explore IVCC being held on Wednesday, March 23 from 5:30-7 p.m.

“This is a recruitment event for prospective IVCC students as well as high school dual credit students,” said Bottom. “If you know of anyone interested in attending IVCC, please spread the word! Students have a great opportunity to ‘explore’ what IVCC is all about through a current student panel, meeting with faculty and student services, or getting a tour!”

To add to that, attendees could receive a free t-shirt after completing an evaluation of how the event went. Bottom and I will be speaking on the panel.

Sophomore elections for the SGA will be coming up. Petitions will be available March 21-25 and voting will be held April 7 and 8. If you have any questions about the sophomore positions or the election, feel free to email me or Bottom at [email protected].

Did you know IVCC offers a yoga class that counts as a health and wellness requirement? With summer and fall registration right around the corner, take a look into yoga! Students will learn both the history and meaning of yoga and will even practice different poses in IVCC’s yoga studio.

Additionally, I will be attending the Board of Trustees meeting in March. Updates to follow.

Lastly, IVCC will be holding a free COVID-19 vaccination clinic Tuesday, March 29 in Room CTC 124 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

For any questions or concerns, feel free to email me at [email protected] or visit me during my office hours in the Student Life Space Mondays 8-9 a.m.