Welcome Back, Eagles

Joseph Marenda, Student Trustee

Hello, everyone. First, I would like to welcome you all back for the 2018-2019 school year. I hope everyone enjoyed
their summer break!

As for those just getting started at IVCC, I hope your first few days went well and you’re all starting to settle in. Although summer was a great time, it is a joy to be back in the classroom experiencing my second year here on campus.

For those of you who do not know me yet, I am Joseph Marenda your 2018-2019 student board of trustee member. I will write monthly for the IV Leader to keep everyone updated on the happenings around campus.

One of the major differences between last school year and this year, which some of you may have already noticed, is our new food provider. Demilio’s Deli has taken up the duty and will be serving up delicious lunches in the cafeteria
and quick snacks in the cyber cafe, so check them out.

Besides the campus updates, for my first article, I would like to talk about getting involved here at IVCC. Now some of you may have heard my speech at Freshman Convocation where I touched on all the activities and clubs offered on campus. These groups truly are a great aspect of our college. In the back of this years student planner, there is a list of all the student organizations ranging from academic clubs to sports clubs. With over 40 clubs and organizations
here on campus, there is definitely at least one for every student’s interest. On September 12th, the college will be hosting spirit day out in the courtyard where there will be booths for almost all of these organizations. Also do not be afraid to stop by the student government office, in the student center, and ask our members about other organizations on campus. Many of us are part of multiple clubs here on a campus and would be more than happy to steer you in the right direction based on your interests. We can also give you personal insights on the clubs that many of us are a part of.

I hope everyone has an amazing semester and succeeds in all of their academics. I would also like to wish good luck to all of our athletic teams starting up during the fall semester including baseball, volleyball, soccer, tennis, golf, and
basketball. Remember if anyone needs help with anything on campus feel free to stop in the student government office and talk to one of our outstanding members who are always ready to help. Also, don’t forget to get involved!