Students advised to complete 2022-23 FAFSA

Nyah Nowakowski, IV Leader Staff

The 2022-2023 FAFSA application is still available to apply for and submit. Financial aid benefits students and families as they seek types of aid that allow them to attend college.

The IVCC website explains that the college teaches people about financial aid programs, how to apply for assistance, manage financial aid funds, and fulfill their responsibilities as financial aid recipients.

Additionally, the website states that financial aid packages may not reflect the student or family’s current financial circumstances. Students can complete the Special Circumstance form if they have experienced loss of income, death, divorce, illness, etc. to have their financial aid reconsidered.

Students may discover after submitting the online FAFSA application that they could qualify to receive other grants. Students should submit a FAFSA application sooner rather than later.

Financial aid director Eric Johnson recommends that students complete the FAFSA as soon as possible and that students will need their 2020 tax documents for the 2022-2023 FAFSA.

“Reach out to the financial aid office if you do not receive an award letter in the mail or a missing documents letter,” Johnson added.

Students can apply for the 2022-2023 FAFSA at either fafsa.ed.gov or studentaid.gov. Students can stop by the financial aid office located in CTC 101, email either the office at [email protected] or Eric Johnson at [email protected], or call (815) 224-0438 for additional help or questions.