Planning courses for spring semester

Drew Farrell, Staff Writer

IVCC students now have the opportunity to register for next semester classes which begin in Jan. Students may either set up their classes on WebAdvisor or talk to a counselor over the phone.

In the past, students have met up in person with a counselor to setup their semester schedules. However, due to the ongoing pandemic, most of the counselors prefer for students to either set it up online or schedule a phone appointment.

Crystal Credi of IVCC’s Student Services has been sending students emails with information regarding the ongoing registration. She has also posted podcasts to the SoundCloud app for students to listen to if they can-not access their email.

Some classes are now split up into eight week courses to make it easier for students to get their degree faster. These courses include spanish classes, wellness classes, computer networking, and truck driver training.

Assistant Director of Admissions, Aseret Loveland, gave the following information about how the college is handling the scheduling for spring semester class: “Ultimately, October is a great time for students to schedule to meet with their counselor to discuss spring 2022 courses. Students should not wait until December to think about their next classes as they will most likely be dealing with finals.”

On Oct. 20, registration for Project Success students and veterans be-gins. On Nov. 3, registration for all students will begin at 9 a.m. online while in-person and phone appointments will begin at 10 a.m. The spring semester will begin on Jan. 10, 2022.