New Faculty Spotlight – Charles Raimondi

Iggy Lueck, Assistant Editor

Charles Raimondi

Coordinator for the Electronics and Electricity Department, instructor of several electronics and electricity courses.

Where are you from originally?

I taught at Kishwaukee College for 6-years and have been in education for more than 15 years.

Where did you go to college and what degree(s) do you hold?

My undergraduate degree was from DeVry University and my first Master’s degree was from Western Illinois University (Masters of Arts in Manufacturing Engineering Systems) and my second Master’s from National Louis University (Masters of Arts in Teaching)

Are you new to teaching? If not, where/what have you taught before?

No, I have been teaching for a long time. I have taught at two colleges plus I did some teaching at a middle school. 

What classes or positions are you currently assigned?

I am the Coordinator for the Electronics and Electricity Department as well as teaching fundamental electronics and electricity courses. 

What is your favorite aspect of IVCC so far?

The collaboration between staff faculty and Administration makes my job much more manageable. I also enjoy how the campus feels so alive and welcoming.  

What is your impression of IVCC’s atmosphere, students, and staff so far?

The students are excited to get back to classes and have many questions about how the semester will run. The College has a great plan in place to make this semester seem like “the normal.” The staff is welcoming and always willing to help out with your questions. 

What is your favorite thing about the Illinois Valley?

The scenery is very relaxing, which helps with unwinding from a hard day of instruction. 

Are you new to online teaching? If so, do you have any concerns about adjusting to that? If not, do you have any tips for students on how to navigate the world of online learning?

Yes, I am new to online learning, but my philosophy has been to adapt to the best of my ability, make sure that my student’s questions are answered, and take time away from the College work to have some “me time.”  

For my student’s I recommend that they set up a schedule that they should follow for the semester, write down due dates on posted notes and then put them in areas around your house that your frequent, ask questions and meet with your instructors (online or face to face). 

Is there anything else a student should know about you?

I enjoy my time in Colorado mountains camping. I also like to hike and fish.