College Night Preview

Rachel Maggio, IV Leader Web Editor

The 46th Annual College Night hosted by Illinois Valley Community College will take place 6:30 to 8 p.m, Oct. 23 from. in the gymnasium.

Although this event is directed normally toward students in high school who are in the middle of the college search process, parents and current IVCC students who are looking to transfer are welcome to attend.

Last year, this event had many rep-resentatives from multiple schools and careers.

This year, there will be about 40 in attendance.

Some in-state schools are Illinois State University, Northern Illinois Uni-versity, Southern Illinois University and

Lincoln College.
There will even be a variety of out-

of-state schools making the trip, includ-ing North Carolina State University, Iowa Wesleyan University, University of Wisconsin and Valparaiso University.

Representatives will be able to an-swer any inquiries students may have about the application process, cost of attendance, the transfer process and any other questions.

There will also be many branches of the Armed Forces in attendance for students or community members who interested in joining the military.

Students and parents also have the option to attend a financial aid seminar at 5:30 p.m., given by Cody Whightsil from the Illinois Student Assistance Commission and Patty Williamson, Di-rector of Financial Aid at IVCC.