Deadline Set For Fall Graduation Application

Are you ready to graduate or complete a degree or certificate from IVCC at the end of the fall semester?If you think that you might be eligible for a degree or certificate, you must apply for graduation in order to have it posted to your academic record and to receive a diploma.

Participating in the spring commencement ceremony is optional. The deadline to apply for fall graduation is Monday, Oct. 1. There is no fee to apply for graduation and there is a one-page form to complete. This form is available in the Counseling Office in CTC 202 and on the college website at http://www.ivcc.edu/graduation.

The form takes a couple of minutes to complete and lets the school know that you will be ready to complete a degree or certificate in December.

If you are unsure as to whether or not you are eligible at this time for a degree or certificate, you are encouraged to speak with a counselor at 815-224-0360.

A counselor can review your academic record and your program of study to determine if you have all of the requirements for completion.Another option to determine your eligibility is to review your degree audit on your personal WebAdvisor account.

At IVCC, there are a number of Associate in Applied Science degrees that have corresponding certificates that you can earn along the way.If you think that you have the requirements fulfilled for one of the certificates, you may want to apply for graduation for that certificate so your academic record will show your progress toward your degree.

IVCC has one commencement ceremony at the college, which will be on Saturday, May 18, 2019. All students who have graduated in the summer and fall terms are invited to participate in the commencement ceremony. There is no fee to participate in the ceremony.

Detailed information is provided in the early part of the spring semester. Any questions about graduation can be directed to Karen Gregorich in the Counseling Office at 815-224-0444