News Briefs

Staff, Staff Writers

Students should order cap, gown by April 11

Are you planning on participating in the Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 19?

If you missed the Cap and Gown Measurement Day on March 6, you can still order a cap and gown for the ceremony.

Ordering can be done in person until April 10 in the Admissions office in CTC 101.

You can also order anytime online by going to www.ivcc.edu/commencement and selecting “Order your Cap and Gown here” (Jostens link). Online ordering is available until April 11.

There is no charge to participate in the Commencement ceremony.

Additional information regarding the ceremony will be sent out at a later date to students who have ordered a cap and gown.

If you are participating in the commencement ceremony and you are in an honor society or veteran, contact your advisor about purchasing cords and/or stoles for the event.

For more information, contact the Admissions Office.

Wind Ensemble
performs concert
Illinois Valley Community College’s Wind Ensemble will offer a free concert at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, March 8 in the Dr. Mary Margaret Weeg Cultural Centre.

The performance will include the music of David Celle Cese, Camille Saint-Saëns, Timothy Mahr, Joseph Willcox Jenkins, George Gershwin and G. F. Huffine.

Under the direction of Gene Montgomery, the ensemble includes IVCC students, local and regional music educators and community members dedicated to the promotion of quality wind and percussion music.

Former trustee dies
Former longtime IVCC trustee Dale J. McConville of Ottawa died March 3 at age 88 at the La Salle Veterans Home.

McConville served the board from 1975 to 1997.

In addition, he chaired the Northwest Region of the Illinois Community College Trustees Association in 1987-88.

Services were organized by the Gladfelter Funeral Home in Ottawa.