Students explore ag futures

Martha Hoffman, Editor-In-Chief

Area high school students and community members networked with four-year institutions, heard presentations on the IVCC ag program and learned about college from support staff at the Fall Ag Open House.

Willard Mott, IVCC agriculture instructor and program coordinator, explained the college is focused on providing the education a student needs before either transferring to a higher institution or entering the workforce. “This night is about you and your future,” said Mott.

IVCC President Jerry Corcoran welcomed students and emphasized the college’s commitment to continue building the ag program.
The four state ag transfer schools gave short presentations and had tables to talk with students about their programs.

IVCC staff shared information on college preparation. Presentations were made on the admissions process, financial aid, scholarships, counseling services, and dual credit opportunities.

Tours of the ag program facilities and main campus were offered, with many students participating.

For more information on IVCC’s ag program, contact Mott at 815-224-0413 or Willard_Mott@ivcc.edu.