Three freshmen seek student government seats

Martha Hoffman, Editor-In-Chief

Xavier Braboy, Lauren Giordano and Nico Martinez are running for three positions on Student Government Association.
Giordano and Martinez are running for the two open programming board positions and Braboy is running for freshman representative.

All students can vote in the upcoming election. Voting will be from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 21 and Friday, Sept. 22 in the Student Life Center.

Braboy and Giordano graduated from St. Bede Academy. Martinez graduated from LaSalle-Peru Township High School.

Braboy is majoring in history education. Giordano is majoring in business marketing. Martinez is majoring in biology.

Why are you seeking office?

Braboy: I want to be in student government because I want IVCC students to feel comfortable about giving their opinions on student life and activities.

Giordano: I feel as though I already express leadership qualities, and by running for office I will be [able to] express this to my peers.

Martinez: To expand my reach and become more involved in a way that positively affects my peers.

What are your goals, if elected?

Braboy: I hope to create a positive environment where my peers can give me their ideas to better IVCC.

Giordano: If elected, I will try my best to create a positive student environment where I will welcome all ideas.

Martinez: Find a way to compromise between overall student consensus and IV, making everyone happy.