Cast List Announced for Virtual Production

Reid Tomasson, IV Leader Staff

The IVCC Theatre Department recently announced the cast list for their spring production, a musical revue highlighting the golden age of Hollywood, entitled Hooray for Hollywood: The Music of the Movies. Consisting of students, alumni, and community members, the show will feature familiar faces, as well as some that are new to the IV stage.

The show will feature Bob Philip, Suzannah Walter, Grace McCormick, Jake Jakielski, Mary Rose Prosinski, Alexis Trammel, Emily Pytel, Ashley Hurst, Tracey Childers, Reid Tomasson, Isaac Alvarado, Megan Cullinan, and Karen Lesman, singing a variety of solos from movie musicals of the 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, and early 60’s. Films that are being recognized include The Wizard of Oz, Singin’ in the Rain, Meet Me in St. Louis, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, and many more.

Hooray for Hollywood does not have an official release date, but is expected to be available to the public in April. Recording for the show will take place in March and follow the strict guidelines set in place by the CDC, including temperature checks, face masks, and social distancing.

With a combination of theatrical and cinematic elements, the production will utilize the IVCC stage, as well as artificial backgrounds with the use of a green screen. When a release date is finalized, it will be posted on the IVCC Fine Arts Facebook Page. The show will be available to the public, free of charge, via the IVCC Fine Arts Youtube Channel. The IVCC Theatre Department hopes to return to live theater in the fall semester.