River Currents Hosts Launch Party

Mason Lucas, IV Leader Staff Writer

River Currents hosted a launch party April 26 to celebrate the publishing of the River Currents.

River Currents had food and refreshments, let those who attended talk among each other as well as read and talk about what was in the book.

They also had an open mic hour. Those who contributed to the book could read their selections from the book as well as poems or other genres they have written.

Emmy J. Cunico, Lisa Chounard, and J.Q. Church all shared their poetry and stories throughout the open mic hour.

Tracy Lee, faculty adviser for the River Currents for four years, explained River Currents as poetry, fiction and non-fiction stories, and any visual art can go into the book. The book is designed and put together by students on the River Currents staff.

And anyone can write for the River Currents book, Lee stated, “[Contributions are] voluntary to any student. Any student on campus who is enrolled in a class in the fall or spring semester can submit anything they want to.”

She also states someone can submit work and the River Currents editorial staff will decide whether or not they want that piece in the book.

People can find more information about River Currents by talking to Tracy Lee or by visiting their website, https://rivercurrentsivcc.wordpress.com/