Comedic genius: ‘Flight of the Conchords’

Noah Currie, Columnist

“Flight of the Conchords” is an HBO show that follows the life of two New Zealand band members and their lives New York City.

The cast is very colorful and includes characters such as a caring but unsuccessful manager, a local New York pawn shop owner, and a super fan/stalker of the band.

The show ran from 2007 to 2009 and was up for six Emmy Awards, but the very unique thing about this show is that there is at least one song in every episode.

The four main actors of the show are Rhys Darby who has stared in the movies “Yes Man,” “Pirate Radio,” and “What We Do in the Shadows;” Kristen Schaal who is currently in the incredible show “Bob’s Burgers;” Jermaine Clement, an amazing actor who has been in such films as “Rio,”

“Men in Black 3,” and “Moana;” and Bret McKenzie, who not only is an actor but renowned musician, who has helped create songs in the movies

“The Muppets” and “Muppets Most Wanted.” McKenzie won an Oscar for his musical work on “The Muppets.”

This show is in my top five comedy shows of all time and in my top 10 shows of all time.