Off go the winter boots, on go the dance shoes

IVLeader, Staff Writer

Illinois Valley Community College’s Theatre department presents its annual holiday revue, “Jingle All the Way!” at 7:30 p.m. Friday and

Saturday, Dec. 8 and 9 and at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 10 in the Dr. Mary Margaret Weeg Cultural Centre.

Featuring the IVCC Show Choir and directed and choreographed by Don Grant Zellmer, the show includes a variety of holiday music.

Production numbers with the entire cast as well as solos, quartets and comedy make up the 90-minute production that has become an annual event.

“From Sinatra and swing to the very funny new song ‘Text Me Merry Christmas,’ we’ve got a little something for everyone,” said Zellmer. “I’m fortunate to have a core of strong featured singers and entertainers, plus a fairly good size group of dancers this year.”

He added, “It’s always great fun to return to the classics like ‘White Christmas,’ but equally enjoyable to find something new to add to the mix.

This year is no exception—and I think our returning audiences will have a great time and, hopefully, leave humming some holiday tunes.”

“Jingle All The Way!” returns to the 1940s for a big band radio show segment, a trip to the country, and a rock and roll 1950s holiday. Santa makes his starring appearance in the show and will lead an audience sing-along.

Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for children 10 and under and free to IVCC students with ID and are available at the door an hour prior to performance.