Get back in the Spirit

Michael Westerman, Editor-in-Chief

Spirit Day returns to IVCC’s courtyard Wednesday, Sept. 16, offering games, prizes, and more. The event runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., giving all students a chance to join in on the fun and the activities.

“Spirit Day supplies organizations opportunities to showcase their specific group and recruit new members,” said Student Government Adviser Corey Tomassen. Many of the more than 40 organizations at IVCC will have a booth at Spirit Day.

This student government-organized event is more than a few booths with sign-up sheets. Attractions such as caricatures, wax hands, tie-dye T-shirts, sand art, airbrush tattoos, and custom street signs will be free for students and staff to create. There will also be free food and drinks offered in the cafeteria.

“Spirit Day provides a sense of community and a chance to socialize for students, faculty staff, and administration,” said Tomassen. This event typically has one the best turnouts out of all IVCC-sponsored events.

This diverse crowd not only has a chance to win prizes but will discover just how much IV has to offer and what a rich experience students can have here. From chess to paintball, video games to disc golf, or gay rights to sustainability, there is something everyone can be interested in.

Spirit Week doesn’t stop with just one day. Days during the week are assigned themed attire. Tuesday, Sept. 15 will be Alumni Day and Thursday is Purple Day.

So run on down to the courtyard, grab a bite to eat and step in line to make that tie-dye shirt you’ve always wanted to rock.