Live theater returns in new venue

Tickets go on sale May 1

Steppin+out

Fine Arts facebook page

IVCC Theatre Department plans show at Hegeler-Carus Mansion in La Salle.

Reid Tomasson, IV Leader Staff

The IVCC Theatre Department is stepping out….literally!

Coming this May, the department will be moving outside to perform “Steppin’ Out! Broadway Under the Stars.” The show will be presented on the grounds of La Salle’s Hegeler-Carus Mansion, featuring songs from the biggest and best shows that Broadway has to offer, including Wicked, Hamilton, Mamma Mia, and other fan favorites.

The cast includes a mixture of students, community members and alumni. These familiar faces include Mary Rose Pronsinski, Ashley Hurst, Grace McCormick, Jake Jakielski, Megan Cullinan, Emily Pytel, Isaac Alvarado, Reid Tomasson, Karen Lesman, Suzannah Walter, Mark Fulkerson, Bob Philip, PJ Olsen, Kelly Johnson, Melanie Maskel and Alexis Trammel.

Rehearsals have recently begun in accordance with the guidelines put in place by the CDC.

Tickets for “Steppin’ Out!” go on sale on Saturday, May 1. The link for online ticket sales will be posted on the IVCC Fine Arts Facebook Page, as well as additional information leading up to the performance dates. Tickets will be available for purchase at the show as well,
although there is a set capacity that will be put in place.

Concessions will be available during intermission, with all proceeds going towards the Students of Performing Arts and Music Organization (SPAMO). Audience members will also be expected to bring their own seating arrangements, such as lawn chairs and blankets. Coolers will be allowed on the grounds as well, allowing outside food and beverages.

The dates for the show are May 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, and 23, with all shows beginning at 7:30 p.m.