Student trustee prepares to end term

Britney Burkart, Columnist
April 11, 2013
Filed under Opinion

As the end of the school year is rapidly approaching, I find myself with mixed emotions. When I chose to attend IVCC almost two years ago, I had no idea of all of the endless possibilities that would unfold for me. My first opportunity was playing for the Lady Eagles softball team. It was a chance to... Read more »

Get involved: Petitions available soon for SGA elections

Britney Burkart, Columnist
March 21, 2013
Filed under Opinion

As the 2012-2013 school year begins to wind down to its last months, there are still some very important events to make note of. The Student Government Association will be beginning elections for next year. From participating in volunteer events to broadening your knowledge and skills on being a leader,... Read more »

Student Government Association Helps Community

Britney Burkart, Columnist
February 21, 2013
Filed under Opinion

Although the weather proves differently, spring is just around the corner and will be presenting new opportunities and changes for all the students at I.V.C.C. The graduation deadline recently passed, so, I strongly encourage those graduating to attend the commencement ceremony on May 18th. There was... Read more »

Charity focus for student government

Britney Burkart, IVCC Student Trustee
December 11, 2012
Filed under Opinion

As the fall semester of 2012 reaches the end, the season of giving just begins! Through the holidays, I would like to remind everyone to always think of others and the less fortunate. Recently, our Student Government Association collected donations at the school to fill shoe boxes with different items.... Read more »

Trustee reaches out to students

Britney Burkart, IVCC Student Trustee
September 25, 2012
Filed under Featured Opinion, Opinion

Welcome to Fall Semester 2012! As IVCC’s 2012-2013 Student Trustee, my duty is to be the representative of the student body to the College Board. I attend the board meetings each month addressing the suggestions and concerns of the student body. I am in my sophomore year at IVCC and a Communication... Read more »

Trustee encourages participation, communication

Britney Burkart, IVCC Student Trustee
April 26, 2012
Filed under Opinion

It is a privilege and honor to be elected as the Student Trustee at IVCC for the 2012-2013 school year. As the Student Trustee, I will ensure that students’ issues and concerns are noticed and addressed. I truly believe that the life within our college is based upon the students’ opinions, thoughts,... Read more »