Pinter resigns as head baseball coach

Pinter resigns as head baseball coach

Josh Dillon, IV Leader Sports Editor
May 12, 2013
Filed under Sports

Eric Pinter of Mendota today announced his resignation effective May 18 as Illinois Valley Community College’s head baseball coach. The three-year coach resigned for personal reasons following Tuesday’s season-ending loss at Carl Sandburg in Galesburg.

“It’s been an honor to be the head coach at IVCC,” said Pinter. “I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The relationships I have built with players, faculty, staff, administration – everyone who has helped and supported me along the way and been involved with our student athletes – has been outstanding.”

IVCC President Jerry Corcoran said, “I want to thank Eric for his leadership. His players were good students, were supportive of other IVCC teams, were effective fundraisers, helped renovate their own field and actively supported community projects.”

Corcoran said the process to fill the vacancy has begun and the position will be posted soon at www.ivcc.edu/hr<http://www.ivcc.edu/hr>.

The 31-year-old Pinter, an IVCC graduate and former Eagle player, will explore options for a full-time coaching position.

“My vision for the program was to try to get us back to the level of play that helped us win regional titles in the past,” said Pinter. “We have gradually been building toward that destination.

“The first two graduating classes involved in our program helped build a foundation for the following year’s team to achieve success,” said Pinter. “We are on the right track to building the program I had envisioned. I am only sorry I will not be able to see it come to pass.

“The players in our program now are well-respected, have good GPAs and are always eager to volunteer in the community. Of the 22 players on this year’s roster, 16 come from in-district schools.

“I have enjoyed my time here and have been happy to give back to an institution that helped me through my collegiate career,” said Pinter. “The experience helped me grow as a coach and as a person.”

Pinter thanked Athletic Director Tommy Canale, Associate Vice President for Student Services Tracy Morris and Corcoran “for believing in me and giving me this opportunity.”

He also credited athletic department administrative assistant Sue Harding and his assistant coach Tim Trevier “for all his support and assistance over the past three years” and “all the young men who have come through the program and of course the families of those young men for all their support.

“This was a wonderful experience,” he added. “I wish the baseball program, athletics, and everyone well in the future.”

Comments

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!