What do you know about the IVCC Ottawa Center?
Lori Carbone, Ottawa Center Staff
September 25, 2013
Filed under Opinion
How many of you have been to the IVCC Ottawa Center and how much do you know about the OC?
Let’s find out!
• The IVCC Ottawa Center opened their doors in the fall of 2010.
• Sue Isermann is the associate vice-president for academic affairs, the dean of Workforce Development, AND the administrator for the Ottawa Center.
• Jeannette Frahm is the coordinator for the Ottawa Center.
• There are computer labs, a quiet study area, classes, and offices in the OC.
• The Ottawa Center has an active web ivcc.edu/ottawa and Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/IVCC-Ottawa-Center/252344424811160
• General Education classes for transfer are offered at the OC in addition to Health, CNA, Continuing Education, Adult Basic Education and GED classes.
• You can register for classes in Ottawa, Oglesby, or online and pay your tuition at the Ottawa Center.
• Get your library books delivered and picked up on Wednesdays at the Ottawa Center.
• Taking a class in Ottawa? Then why not have your books delivered to Ottawa? Keep in mind your rental or purchased books will need to be returned by you to the Main Campus during the posted buy-back period.
• There are computer labs in Ottawa and we just received some additional desktop PC’s.
• Services at the Ottawa Center include Admissions; Registration; Tutoring; Writing Center; Financial Aid; Disability Services; Placement Testing; and Counseling.
Math Tutoring and the Writing Center days and times are posted on our Web site or you can call the Ottawa Center 815-224-0800 or just stop by the front desk
Financial Aid –Tuesday morning from 8:30a.m. – 11:00 a.m. No appointment necessary.
Disability Services – Tuesday by appointment with Tina Hardy 815-224-0284
Assessment Center – Placement testing is offered on Tuesday staring at 4:30 p.m. and Wednesday starting at 9:30 a.m. You can also take make-up tests, quizzes for courses etc. on Tuesday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Wednesday 9 a.m. to 12:30pm. Please call for an appointment for any test taking at the assessment center 815-224-0542, or at the Ottawa Center 815-224-0800.
Counseling– there is a Counselor available on Wednesday and Thursday by appointment with walk-in’s available. Call for an appointment 815-224-0800
Can’t wait to motor on over to Ottawa? We are open Monday-Thursday from 7 a.m. -10 p.m.; Friday from 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Ed, Lori, Vicki and Jeannette are waiting to see you!