Student trustee prepares to end term

Britney Burkart, Columnist
April 11, 2013
Filed under Opinion

As the end of the school year is rapidly approaching, I find myself with mixed emotions. When I chose to attend IVCC almost two years ago, I had no idea of all of the endless possibilities that would unfold for me. My first opportunity was playing for the Lady Eagles softball team. It was a chance to be challenged athletically by my coaches and also a chance to make some amazing friendships. Through my coach, Cory Tomasson, I was encouraged to get involved with Student Government elections and this opened up many doors for me.

I became a member of the SGA my freshman year, which then led to my role as Student Trustee. It has definitely been a life changing role for me. From the late night board meetings to all of the ICCB-SAC meetings, I have been able to learn and grow through the process. Student Government has helped me engage more actively within the college and with the students. It not only allowed me to work with so many wonderful people, but it has also helped me learn more about our college.

As I look forward to attending the University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana in the fall, I will always be so grateful for the opportunities that IVCC has provided me and for the incredible relationships I have been blessed with during my two years of attendance. Your college experience is what you make it. Make it a beautiful journey.   I am so thankful to have served as your Student Trustee for the 2012-2013 school year.

Comments

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!