Cultural Center set to see final music and theater performances

Michaela Smith, Staff Writer

Spring Musical
This year, Illinois Valley Community College’s theater department presents “Sweet Charity.” “Sweet Charity” follows the adventures of a girl named Charity as she tries to find love.

This musical features Ashley Hurst, alongside Carlos Garcia and Chad Brokaw.

The show opened last week, but it’s still running through April 29.

The show will be held April 27-29 at 7:30 p.m. in the IVCC Cultural Center.

Tickets are available for purchase at the door and are $20.00 for general admission, $15.00 for seniors, and free to IVCC students with an ID.

Wind Ensemble

This year’s wind ensemble concert will be held on Thursday, May 4. The concert will be held in IVCC’s Cultural Center and will begin at 7:30. They will be playing several exciting pieces, including Danzon No. 2 by Arturo Marquez and Buckaroo Holiday by Aaron Copland. This event is free, and open to the public.

Choir/Voice Recital

The IVCC choir concert and voice recital will be held on May 5 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
It will be held in IVCC’s Cultural Center and is free and open to the public.

Jazz Ensemble Concert

The Jazz Ensemble Concert will be held on Tuesday, May 9 at 7 p.m.
This event will be held in the Cultural Center and is free and open to the public.

Piano Recital

This year’s piano recital will be on Wednesday May 10 at 7p.m.
It will be held in the Cultural Center and is free and open to the public.

Illinois Valley Symphony Orchestra

Illinois Valley Symphony Orchestra is coming to IVCC on May 13. The show will start at 7p.m. in the IVCC Cultural Center.
They will perform several pieces that include Chanson de Nuit, Concerto for Piano in A Minor, Op. 54, and Pines of Rome. There will also be a solo performance by Joseph Kingma, winner of Audience Favorite in rounds one and two of the 2015 Cincinnati World Piano Competition.

Admission to the concert is by season subscription or individual ticket, available at the door, or online at ivso.org. Adult tickets are $15.00 and student tickets are $5.00 with an ID.

Directors Showcase

The directors showcase will take place on Monday, May 15. This event will be from 7 to 9 p.m. in the IVCC Cultural Center. This event is free and open to the public.