Princeton Arts Academy offers courses

Nathan Grote, IV Leader Managing Editor
April 5, 2012
Filed under A&E

If the ornate homes, bustling main street, and summer-long theater festival aren’t evidence enough that Princeton is a town bursting with creativity, then consider the just-opened artistic incubator on the north side of town; the Princeton Arts Academy.
The Academy, founded by Princeton area artist/designer/entrepreneur Liana Hall, is a school offering instruction in a growing number of disciplines.
Spring classes, which are already under way, include courses in sewing, costume designs, photography, and music lessons, among others.
To properly foster artistic development on an individual basis, Hall aims to keep the classes small.  Classes now average four to five students, and musical instruction is taught one-on-one.
Some courses are open to students of all ages, and some are geared for children.  Kids 8-13, for example, can study the works and techniques of artists Laurel Burch, M.C. Escher, and Andy Warhol in classes focused on those artists.
The number of classes offered is expected to double for the summer term, with expanded musical instruction including the clarinet, saxophone, voice, guitar, drums, and piano.
Registration for summer classes begins in April.
The Princeton Arts Academy is located at 230 E. Backbone Road, next to Prime Quarter Steak House.
For more information about the Princeton Arts Academy, contact Liana Hall by email (PrincetonArtsAcademy@yahoo.com) or by phone (815-915-7717).

Comments

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!